Monday, July 03, 2006

Searching for Myself

Searching for Myself
.......by Debbie Pettengill

Feels good to know someone somewhere sometime thought exactly the way I think NOW...

I remember a time when my heart would sing out I remember the joy and what life was about

But something has happened to that girl I knew I wish I could find her but I haven't a clue

I search for the happiness that was taken away I search for my heart, every night, every day

A search that's exhausting, that gnaws at the mind I search for myself, for my heart I must find

It's a lonely road but the path holds just me It's a journey of rebirth, of trying to break free

But I will find my heart, somewhere on that road And remember once again of days long ago

To those people who try and get hurt none-the-less In trying to help me in this time of duress,

Please don't give up, remember me then Back in the days, when my smile came from within

I'm trying to find my way back to that place Where laughter and joy put a smile on my face

Where friends and family meant the world to me I pray that I find it, I pray to be free

I get scared sometimes of what I've become Will my heart stay like stone? But I can't succumb

I have to stay strong for what lies ahead I have nothing to fear, I have nothing to dread

The search for myself has been a long, lonely one But I will find me and lead me back to the sun

To a place not so distant, a place not unknown To a place I remember, a place I call home...

5 Comments:

At Monday, July 03, 2006 3:46:00 PM, Blogger teja2001 said...

this is a reallyt nice poem... it does reflect the mental state that a person can be at certain times... i know that everyone feels like this at one time or the other... no one's life is going on as perfect as others think... there is always some unrest, some urge to do something more or even something else...

all i want to say is hang in there... you will find that spot which you call home and be at peace... i am also in the same boat as you are... and i was lucky to have friends and family who have been with me during this time...

 
At Tuesday, July 04, 2006 10:55:00 PM, Blogger Vivek said...

A most touching poem! :)

 
At Monday, December 31, 2007 9:22:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

very touching, full of feelings and i felt a shiver ran through my heart. could feal wat most of us waana say bt jst coludnt knw how to explain...!!
god bless u..!!

 
At Thursday, September 02, 2010 2:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel this exact way right now. You couldn't have explained it any better.

 
At Sunday, May 01, 2011 3:11:00 PM, Blogger Akelá said...

nice phoem

 

Post a Comment

<< Home